Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Second day back to work

Since I'm not doing official PT until Thursday I did some simple exercises on my own. Just basic flexes. Also walked around a bit on the crutches. I'm feeling it a bit today but not too bad.

Made it through the night in my own bed without having to move to the couch, which was a nice thing. Only got up twice to go the bathroom. Did wake up a few times but was always able to get back to sleep. Didn't take any pain pills through the night. Probably should have because I'm still running a small fever, 99.6. I know this is not very high but it's happening every night. Took two Lortab when I got to see how fast it will break, because I need to have a good understanding of what's happening when I talk to the surgeon or nurse next.

Going to do some more exercises today. Want to walk a bit more and work on form. I have done that much. I've just been walking to get around. Need to make sure I train my leg muscles to walk properly. The surgery lengthened my leg about 3/4 inch to make it equal length with the left leg, so I 'm dealing with that difference. I'm sure it's going to take some getting used to. It certainly feels different. I also have some extra tightness down the back of the leg because of the muscles being stretched. The OS said that would happen and it would feel uncomfortable for at least a few weeks.

It's day two back at work. I'm working on the couch again. It was certainly comfortable enough yesterday. I'll be ready to get back to the desk at some point, but I'm sure that position is going to be uncomfortable for any length of time.

Looking forward to a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment