Friday, May 8, 2009

Better every day

Work is kicking my butt right now, so I haven't even had time to update this blog in the evenings.

I am now officially 3 weeks post-op and my hip feels better each day. I'm walking with just a cane now, although around the house I rarely use anything. I am careful to try to walk properly without a limp, because I'm wary of muscle memory causing a permanent limp.

I've also just been taking one pain pill a day, but there have been times where I should've taken another. Unfortunately I'm falling a bit into my pre-surgery habit of dealing with pain and soreness. I've got to learn to take medicine when I'm hurting - at least for these first few weeks.

I did use ice for swelling for the first time this week. I've done it a couple of days. Don't know if it's helping any or much but it's the right thing to do. I'm sure it's going to take several more weeks for the swelling to go away regardless.

The workouts at PT have been kicked up a notch each time. This week was a recumbent cross trainer, leg press, leg extensions, elliptical, stationary bike, hamstring pulls, step-ups, and resistance side steps. It is wearing me out! ... but totally worthwhile. It feels great to get in these good workouts.

Also, I've been riding my bike on the trainer almost every day plus some elliptical after. Today I did 30 minutes on the bike and 15 on the elliptical. I felt incredible afterward. I can't wait to get out on the road.

Looking forward to continued improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment