Saturday, May 30, 2009

6 weeks post-op report

I've been so busy working my job, working around the house and rehabbing lately I've neglected to post. I suppose that's a good thing.

Since the last post I've been to see the surgeon for a checkup and to do my first post-op x-rays. He said the x-rays looked great and was very pleased with how the implant set in.
He didn't lift all restrictions. Wants me to not ride the bicycle outside, play golf, go beyond 90 degrees, and other similar activities until 12 weeks. He did say I could slowly start working on the range of motion but he didn't want me testing it very much until 12 weeks. Otherwise, I'm free to do anything I want while using pain as a guidance. No more cane, which I haven't used much anyway.

I'm actually breaking the rules just a bit, because I can tie my shoes now but just barely. I stretch as much as possible with my arms and upper back trying to keep as close to 90 degrees as possible. Funny thing is, how I'm tying my shoes now is all I could do pre-op, so I know it's only going to get better.

I tried to be a really good patient and follow the rules to the letter, but that's difficult for me with this kind of stuff. I figure if you use common sense and let your body guide you things will be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment